Saturday, February 13, 2010

Snow in Dalton Georgia!!! WOW

Wow we have gotten so snow again. We have gotten more snoe in the past month or two than we have had since "the great blizzaed of 1993" where we got 2 feet of snow. I know most northern people are thinking, "what are they so frantic about thats not alot." However, here in Dalton Ga snow is almost unheard of. Up until this most recent snow the last real snow we had was in 1993, 17 years ago. Right now here at my house we have about 3-4 inches laying on the ground. Its so pretty. I took pictures but I can't get them to upload. I went to the grocery store last night, just cause it was time for me to go, and I could not find any milk or bread. So I asked myself "why does everyone always buy milk, eggs and bread?" I can understand the bread, but if my power goes out I don't want anything i'm gonna have to worry about going bad. I want things like peanut butter, ravioli, soup, etc..... Doesn't it make more sense to have things you don't ave to worry about when your power goes out.

The people here in Dalton are so not used to snow that anytime the news says we MIGHT have snow flurries everyone runs out and gets what? milk, eggs, and bread. I have enjoyed having it, but now I am ready for spring. Its to cold for my blood.

9 comments:

  1. Yeah, I am in wisconsin and I know all about snow and cold. If the power goes out here, it is a pretty big emergency. Its one thing to have no heat when its 60, its quite another to have no heat when its 10 below. Here is to staying warm. Spring is almost here swap buddy. here is some spring to tide you over. http://www.procreo.jp/labo/flower_garden.swf

    Jessica
    uniqueutopia from swap bot

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Everyday Life! I am one of your partners in the Blogger swap on swap-bot. My user name is mommascrapbooks there. Please rate me as a follower of your blog. I can't wait to see your new adventures in art! :) Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! I'm one of your partners in the Blogger swap! My UN is xd0nn4x. You have a lovely blog! Looking forward to reading it!

    -Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. hello, this is Stacy (luvystacy) from swap bot and now officially following your blog, Wow on the snow...I have been hearing a lot of news on the all the states having tons of snow...It never snow where I live...I have to drive one - two hours just to see snow...any how I hope you have a wonderful day! :D

    Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! This is EmilyEliseBee from swap bot. I totally understand the need for summer! The cold is getting to me down in Texas. I need some heat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! I am agnesdy from swap-bot.com. I followed you from today on. You have a warm blog lay-out, good taste! I cannot wait to read your blog update again :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So that's where all our snow went...you've got it! LOL. I'm in Nova Scotia Canada and we've had a lot less snow this year then usual...in fact the only snow on the ground now is in a few piles from cleared parking lots and that sort of thing. Enjoy it for me while it lasts...I miss it. :)

    BTW...I'm Tinkergirl from Swapbot. I look forward to following your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello! This is Gwen (lolita) from swap-bot :) It never snows from where I live. I've always wish it would because I love the scenery when it's snowing and after when it snows.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wait Wait Wait...You forgot to mention that BEFORE it snowed, schools were canceled, blood drives canceled, LIFE was canceled. Crazy Georgians!

    ReplyDelete